Many people consider a Sun Oven® an essential tool in their family emergency plans. A Sun Oven® will enable your family to be better prepared in the following ways:
- Water Purification – Pasteurize or boil drinking water.
- Food – Boil, bake or steam food. This is the most fuel efficient way to rehydrate freeze-dried and dehydrated foods.
- Food Storage – Create your own food storage by dehydrating fruits, vegetables, and meats.
- Fuel Storage – Decrease your need for fuel. It is difficult and dangerous to store a large amount of fuel for an extended period of time. Using the sun on sunny days and the Sun Oven® as a wonder box (or retained heat cooker) on cloudy days reduces the amount of fuel you need to store.
- First Aid – Heat water for cleaning wounds and personal hygiene & sterilize medical instruments.
The Sun Oven® in Action
September 2013, Every Needful Thing Billie A. Nicholson
This entry was posted on Thursday, October 10th, 2013 at 7:18 pm and is filed under Emergency Preparations, Food Storage, Preparedness, Sun Oven, WAPI, Water Storage and Purification. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.