Don’t Leave Home Without Your SunOven®
Evacuating with you Sun Oven® makes sense. Here’s why. You can pack it full of cold items to eat and drink in the shelter. They will stay cool for some time because of its insulated design. When the storm passes, you will be able to set up outside and make a welcomed hot meal. Don’t forget to take your WAPI kit to be able to pasteurize water, too.
October 2013, Every Needful Thing Billie A. Nicholson, editor
Many people consider a Sun Oven® an essential tool in their family emergency plans. A Sun Oven® will enable your family to be better prepared in the following ways:
- Water Purification – Pasteurize or boil drinking water.
- Food - Boil, bake or steam food. This is the most fuel efficient way to rehydrate freeze-dried and dehydrated foods.
- Food Storage - Create your own food storage by dehydrating fruits, vegetables, and meats.
- Fuel Storage - Decrease your need for fuel. It is difficult and dangerous to store a large amount of fuel for an extended period of time. Using the sun on sunny days and the Sun Oven® as a wonder box (or retained heat cooker) on cloudy days reduces the amount of fuel you need to store.
- First Aid - Heat water for cleaning wounds and personal hygiene & sterilize medical instruments.
The Sun Oven® in Action
September 2013, Every Needful Thing Billie A. Nicholson