The aroma of sweet rolls, loaves of bread and red beans and rice baking in Sun Ovens® attracted many fair attendees to the SUN OVENS® booth at the Mother Earth News Fair. Traveling to Fletcher, NC. in April, Paul and Chris Munsen, of Sun Ovens® International, talked all day for two days. The truck load of ovens we took all found new homes and we took additional orders to ship. Some families bought more than one. Mark your calendars, we’ll be at the MEN fair in Topeka, Kansas Oct.25 & 26, 2014.
There were over 150 workshops, ranging from livestock butchering to sugar detoxification at the Mother Earth News Fair. With so much to learn, it was necessary to review the schedule and plan our time carefully. In between classes, we visited the myriad of booths, all with things we wanted to take home. My favorite purchase: Mud Gauntlets!
In this month’s issue, we’ll report on some of the classes we attended.
Additional Articles in this month’s issue:
- Be Water Smart – provides 12 tips on saving water
- Cheese Production – Made Easy – gives step by step instructions for making cheese easily at home
- Creating a Sustainable Garden – discusses ways to improve soil health
- Blackberries, Bain or Blessing? – describes a way to safely pick wild blackberries, including a recipe for Solar Oatmeal Berry Crisp
- An alternative Protein Source – Raising Rabbits – gives an overview for raising rabbits for meat. Did you know Californians prefer it to chicken?
- Have you considered Adding a Survival Net to Your Bug-Out Bag? – learn 10 uses
- Our Solar Chef has created Savory Solar Vegan Fritters this month as a great way to eat your veggies
Billie Nicholson, Editor