Increasing numbers of tiny houses are emerging around the country as people look to downsize their lives. Thousands of homeowners have abandoned social climbing when they discovered a small house can lead to a simpler, fuller life. They are gaining time for family and friends and connecting with nature while freeing themselves from life consuming mortgages.
Living tiny is a social movement where people are choosing to downsize the space they live in. The typical American home is around 2,600 square feet, whereas the typical tiny house is between 100 and 800 square feet. People are joining this movement for many reasons, but the most popular reasons include environmental concerns, financial concerns, and the desire for more time and freedom.
Making delicious meals in a small kitchen can be challenging and an ever-growing number of tiny house dwellers are discovering SUN OVENS® as an inexpensive, safe, efficient, and delicious way to cook and a perfect alternative when living tiny. They have learned how to grab hold of the sun’s power to cook a greater variety of delectable foods with less space, cost, fuel, and environmental impact.
The benefits of using a SUN OVEN® when living tiny include:
- Sunlight is free
- There is no need to hook into the power grid or fill propane tanks
- Life in a tiny house leaves a smaller environmental footprint and using a SUN OVEN® goes along with this lifestyle goal by eliminating the greenhouse gasses of other cooking methods.
Cooking outdoors reduces the need to be stuck in a hot kitchen and the need to cool off a hot house on warm days.
- The lack of ventilation in some tiny houses allows cooking odors to linger and traps steam and carbon monoxide, so the moisture levels remain long after cooking. Not with a SUN OVEN®.
- A SUN OVEN® can be used year around on sunny days.
- Menus can be greatly expanded to include a much wider variety of foods and baked goods.
- SUN OVENS® are perfect for baking whole-grain breads and cakes, roasting vegetables, and simmering casseroles. Vegetarian dishes come out sweet, nutritious, and delicious when cooked in the sun.
- SUN OVEN® cooked foods can be left unattended without worrying about burning or overcooking, freeing up time for other things.
- A SUN OVEN® can be stored outside and does not deplete valuable living space.
- It’s totally safe with no danger of fire.
Register Now to join our upcoming online class
Title: How to use sunshine to multiply your Tiny House cooking options
Date: Tuesday January 23, 2018
Time: 7:30 p.m. Central Standard Time, (8:30 p.m. EST / 6:30 p.m. MST / 5:30 p.m. PST
Duration: 60 minutes plus live Q&A
Cost: There is no cost for the class, but advance registration is required.